Black Bean Protein Coffee Muffins
Start your morning with a protein filled snack
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 cup black beans
- ¾ cup peanut butter & Co. peanut butter
- ½ cup egg whites
- ½ cup Stevia
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 ½ scoops chocolate whey
- 1 ½ cup coffee
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup crushed walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rinse the black beans in a strainer and then process until smooth in a food processor.
- Combine the black bean paste and peanut butter in a large bowl and mix well.
- Add the egg whites and vanilla extract. Mix for two minutes.
- Combine the dry ingredients and mix for an additional five minutes while slowly adding the coffee.
- Line a muffin tin and spoon the batter into each mold.
- Add the crushed walnuts to the top of each muffin and place in the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.